So with that said next time you can't do something for a long time and then you do it, you should keep track of that feeling and remember that for anytime you feel down, helpless or defeated.
So, of course there has been more unnecessary drama in my life with Dave. I can honestly say that during Spring Break when I saw him and we spoke and had some great moments, that that is exactly what I needed for closure. When I came back here after Spring Break I don't know exactly what I expected from Dave except a friend and unfortunately he was unable to be there or do that for me. Although I am frustrated I have to understand that maybe he just has/had way to much to deal with and can't be a friend...which is sad but true.
I believe that I entered Dave's life at a perfect time in which he needed a push he needed someone to show him that he is worth something and can still do things with his life. I feel like once he is at the place he truly needs to be he will never have to or need to talk to me anymore, because he will have all the knowledge that he will have needed and will be able to start the next chapter of his life, leaving me in the last chapter hopefully entitled "The push I needed to survive in this world". As for me he entered my life at a great time too...to show me what I can do, what I can't do and what I need and don't need. I found this quote the other day and I find it quite fitting:
"Life doesn't give you the people you want. It gives you the people you need. To help you, to hurt you, to love you to leave you, and to make you into the person you were meant to be."
It's time to close that chapter of my life and I will call it "And she spent years in the cocoon and finally emerged from it and became a butterfly".
Now for music I think that certain songs, pieces, works etc. enter your life for a reason same as with people. Why is it that we discover a certain song the day we need it the most? It's not that it wasn't there the entire time but we weren't ready to realize it was there, so that when we do realize it, it creates a strong and better impact. Music is fascinating, it is beautiful, scary, sad, confusing. All those adjectives can describe life as well. Music as well as anything else that can change, reflects the person who then expresses it for/to the public, the public takes it and uses it the way they please to get them by. You can use the same sentence take out some words and apply to pretty anything and everything.
With that said I am going to go sing in the practice room...let my emotions dictate my pieces and be permeated with my music.
Brand New Day-Joshua Radin
Some kind of magic happens late at night
When the moon smiles down at me and bathes me in its light.
I fell asleep beneath you in the the tall blades of grass
When I woke the world was new I never had to ask.
It's a brand new day the sun is shining, It's a brand new day
For the first time in such a long long time I know I'll be ok.
Most kind of stories save the best part for last
And most stories have a hero who finds you make your past your past.
It's a brand new day the sun is singing, It's a brand new For the first time in such a long long time I know I'll be ok.
This cycle never ends you gotta fail in order to mend.
It's a brand new day, it's a brand new day
For the first time in such a long long time I know I'll be ok.

No comments:
Post a Comment