Towards the end of break my dad went down to UVA to get surgery because of his disease Colitis had been acting up really bad for the past few years and wasn't getting better so ya it was definitely time for the surgery. The surgery went well but recovery not so much to make a long story short...he ended up catching a really severe case of pneumonia in his left lung as well as a couple of other minor affections causing him to get deathly ill. He had to go into the Intensive care unit and was in Critical Condition. Let me tell you, one of the worse things is when some of the best doctors in the state look at you and say, "Your dad is a medical mystery". You can't but help think of the shows Gray's Anatomy and House and pray that your personal case will have a happy ending. So with lots of bumps in the road, my dad is finally on the mend.
I must say that my family has had to deal with a lot of shit this year, but this has definitely been one of the scariest things we have ever had to face together. We are very close as it is, but especially after all of this we are so much closer. It's so crazy how much people take for granted. Seriously when my dad was medically unconscious I desperately wanted to talk to him, I missed his voice, his corny jokes, his love and support. Of course I felt his love and support and I still do but it's definitely not the same when you think that, that person may be taken away from you. During all of the chaos as I was driving back to school from UVA one evening I was looking at the sky and noticed a cloud, that wasn't a typical cloud it was a rainbow cloud for example something similar to this (except the one I saw was much brighter). I have to admit that prior to this encounter I was crying and feeling so incredibly hopeless but as soon as I saw this "rainbow cloud" I felt calm, I know this may sound silly but rainbows are a symbol for hope. Now if only I saw a dove too...haha. but seriously during rough times in life one must be hopeful and remain positive because no matter what your attitude the situation is still going to be the same so you might as well make life easier for yourself by being positive. Well that's going to be it for tonight, way to tired to write more.
Details in the Fabric by Jason Mraz
Calm down deep breaths
And get yourself dressed instead of running around
And pulling all your threads and breaking yourself up
If it's a broken part, replace if it's a broken arm then brace it, If it's a broken heart then face it
And hold your own know your name and go your own way

No comments:
Post a Comment