As I think about it I don't remember the last time I had a bad day. I think it's safe to say that life is good. I know i mentioned this in my last post or two but I can't say enough that I absolutely LOVE my family. Like seriously LOVE LOVE LOVE.
Today for the first time in 2 weeks I talked to Dave. I called him because my friend Stephanie from back home was supposed to give me back my tapestry that Dave had, but her and I are not on speaking terms, so I called him to tell him that I still do need it back. Surprisingly it was not a bad talk at all. It was not awkward and I did not cry...I don't remember the last time I talked to Dave where I did not cry, so it was refreshing to not have tears streaming down my face. In fact he was really nice, just like how he had always been, just like how he promised to still be. He told me that he wanted to be my friend but I have to call the shots and do things when I am ready. I really respect the fact that he said that and respects my boundaries. To tell the truth I don't know if I really wanna be friends with Dave. I don't want things to be awkward when we run into each other, I want to be acquaintances but that's it. He really does not deserve my friendship and he stressed/stresses me out way too much. I am not bitter and I won't be towards him, I respect him in some ways, and he is a good person underneath all of that confusion, insensibility, and weakness. I guess I just feel like I can be mean to him because of what he did, but I CAN'T be mean to him for what he has given me, it's not in my nature to just be mean and angry. I still hate the fact that he has a girlfriend already, but I can't hate him for trying to be happy and move on, because all I really want is to be happy and move on.
I believe that people enter your life for a certain reason and I just wanted to say that I am so thankful for every single person that has entered my life. This kind of reminds me of the book The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. You never know who you may touch, or influence in some way...but that meeting/talk/run into/fight/shoulder you lent out/laugh may change affect that person's life more then you will ever know.
From: That's Life by Frank Sinatra
I said that's life, and as funny as it may seem
Some people get their kicks,
Stompin' on a dream
But I don't let it, let it get me down,
'Cause this fine ol' world it keeps spinning around

No comments:
Post a Comment