Tuesday, October 13, 2009

So she dances

Wow I haven't written in like a million years. I think the main reason that I don't write that much is because I feel that I have to have something so significant going on in my life, or if I let so much time go by then it's just too much to write when in reality I am just over thinking the idea of writing rather then allowing myself to enjoy the act of it. Story of my brain...it over thinks. Truth-a lot has happened over these past few months...let me give you a recap.

-For a while I have been struggling with weight loss and the lack of motivation, and then I also discovered that my cell phone bill was burning a hole in my pocket and there was no way I could lower my simply everything plan which is 118 dollars a month. So I went to my parents and they came up with this brilliant solution: If I lost 5 pounds and maintained it they would pay 30 dollars of my bill, if I lost 10 pounds and maintained it they would pay 60, and if I lost 20 pounds they would pay my entire bill off every month until I graduate college. So, after signing the contract I put my mind to it...I needed that money for groceries and other various items and lets just say that todays date is 10/13 and I have lost 25 pounds :). Yay me. For the first time in my life I was able to do this...and by this I mean be motivated enough to lose weight...eat better, and be more active. I am still losing weight and my goal is to reach 40.

-School started and I moved into my apt. with Monica, Kelsey, and Jenny and I love it...best situation ever so amazing...could ramble about how perfect it is for days. The end.

-My dad had the second part of his surgery in September, he aspirated just like last year which once again put him in ICU which once again left him in the hospital for a total of 3 weeks. I really wanted to start my semester off on a positive start and all that great mumbo jumbo but hey what can ya do? My dad is doing amazingly well...and if anything I just now know what an amazing support system I truly do have. Not to mention my professors really do care... especially Dr. Swanson I had to practically beg him to stop asking about my dad because it kept making me cry but, at least he cares and that's all one could ever ask for.

-Andrea!!! I have not mentioned her and she is important, she is getting married in May and her little sister and I drove up to Midlo to try on Bridesmaid dresses which was awessommmeeee. Andrea is seriously going to be the prettiest bride ever...I soooo can't wait for the wedding it's going to be absolutely amazing.

-My sister Jakki-She has hit a wall...not literally but ya...it sucks because I feel like I am at a really great point in my life and I really wish she could be at that point too so we could just float on happiness together but of course it doesn't work that way. I have always been the optimist and Jakki the pessimist...I have always been the one to cheer her up and try to get her to look on the bright side of things. This weekend I was home for fall break and she was out of it...I really hope that subconsciously my bubbly mood was able to cheer up and make her smile. I was trying to tell her that sometimes all it takes is to just go out and volunteer and help other people in order to help yourself. All you have to do is to look at other people's situations to reevaluate yourself and who knows...that could be the cure. After our talk she started calling me and her friends more just to talk, she has called more in the past couple of days then she has since I don't even remember which is HUGE.

-As mentioned before I was home this weekend and I had a great talk with my dad...he couldn't stop telling me how proud of me he is. As he is saying this I am just looking at him and thanking God that he is still here...as silly as that sounds it was really a close call. But anyways he just kept saying how he saw all these amazing improvements and changes in me and how grateful he was that I was home, and how big of a help I was around the house not to mention to my sister. And then he mentioned how I was able to balance my time perfectly between my friends and family and I was able to get the new clothes I needed and deserved for my weight loss. Pretty much my dad put a lot of things in perspective for me. Sometimes I am so hard on myself and I over think and in reality all I have to do is just do...because that's all I did this weekend and it was sooooooo perfect. I love my family so much. I love my dad so much. I love home so much. And now I am back at school and I am so happy to be here too. I am ready to continue working hard with a really great mindset.


So she dances-By Josh Groban

A waltz when she walks in the room
She pulls back the hair from her face
She turns to the window to sway in the moonlight
Even her shadow has grace
A waltz for the girl out of reach
She lifts her hands up to the sky
She moves with the music
The song is her lover
The melody's making her cry
So she dances
In and out of the crowd like a glance
This romance is
From afar calling me silently

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwww, I miss your blogs so much!!!! I love you Kushy, like whao! I can't wait for all the fun wedding festivities, it's going to be amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete